« VorigeDoorgaan »
RIVERSIDE LITERATURE SERIES
1. Longfellow's Evangeline.
78. Goldsmith's Vicar of Wakefield. 2. Longfellow's Courtship of Miles Standish. 79. Lamb's Old China, etc. 3. Dramatization of Miles Standish.
80. Coleridge's Ancient Mariner; Campbell's 4. Whittier's Snow-Bound, etc.
Lochiel's Waruing, etc. 5. Whittier's Mabel Martin.
81. Holmes's Autocrat of the Breakfast-Table. 6. Holmes's Grandmother's Story.
82. Hawthorne's Twice-Told Tales. 7, 8, 9. Hawthorne's Grandfather's Chair. 83. Eliot's Silas Marner. 10. Hawthorne's Biographical Series.
84. Dana's Two Years Before the Mast. 11. Longfellow's Children's Hour, etc.
85. Hughes's Tom Brown's School Days. 12. Outlines - Longfellow, Whittier, Holmes, 86. Scott's Ivanhoe. Lowell.
87. Defoe's Robinson Crusoe. 13, 14. Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha.
88. Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin. 15. Lowell's Under the Old Elm, etc.
89, 90. Swift's Gulliver's Voyages. 16. Bayard Taylor's Lars.
91. Hawthorne's House of the Seven Gables. 17, 18. Hawthorne's Wonder-Book.
92. Burroughs's A Bunch of Herbs, etc. 19, 20. Franklin's Autobiography.
93. Shakespeare's As You Like It. 21. Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac, etc. 94. Milton's Paradise Lost. Books I-III. 22, 23. Hawthorne's Tanglewood Tales.
95-98. Cooper's Last of the Mohicans. 24. Washington's Farewell Addresses, etc. 99. Tennyson's Coming of Arthur, etc. 25, 26. Longfellow's Golden Legend.
100. Burke's Conciliation with the Colonies. 27. Thoreau's Forest Trees, etc.
101. Pope's Iliad. Books I, VI, XXII, XXIV. 28. Burroughs's Birds and Bees.
102. Macaulay's Johnson and Goldsmith. 29. Hawthorne's Little Daffydowndilly, etc. 103. Macaulay's Milton. 30. Lowell's Vision of Sir Launfal, etc.
104. Macaulay's Addison. 31. Holmes's My Hunt after the Captain, etc. 105. Carlyle's Essay on Burns. 32. Lincoln's Gettysburg Speech, etc.
106. Shakespeare's Macbeth. 33–35. Longfellow's Tales of a Wayside Inn. 107, 108. Grimms' Tales. 36. Burroughs's Sharp Eyes, etc.
109. Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress. 37. Warner's A-Hunting of the Deer, etc. 110. De Quincey's Flight of a Tartar Tribe. 38. Longfellow's Building of the Ship, etc. 111. Tennyson's Princess. 39. Lowell's Books and Libraries, etc.
112. Cranch's Æneid. Books I-III. 40. Hawthorne's Tales of the White Hills. 113. Poems from Emerson. 41. Whittier's Tent on the Beach, etc.
114. Peabody's Old Greek Folk Stories. 42. Emerson's Fortune of the Republic, etc. 115. Browning's Pied Piper of Hamelin, etc. 43. Bryant's Ulysses among the Phæacians. 116. Shakespeare's Hamlet. 44. Edgeworth's Waste not, Want not, etc. 117, 118. Stories from the Arabian Nights. 45. Macaulay's Lays of Ancient Rome. 119, 120. Poe's Poems and Tales. 46. Old Testament Stories.
121. Speech by Hayne on Foote's Resolution. 47, 48. Scudder's Fables and Folk Stories. 122. Speech by Webster in Reply to Hayne. 49, 50. Andersen's Stories.
123. Lowell's Democracy, etc. 51. Irving's Rip Van Winkle, etc.
124. Aldrich's The Cruise of the Dolphin. 52. Irving's The Voyage, etc.
125. Dryden's Palamon and Arcite. 53. Scott's Laily of the Lake.
126. Ruskin's King of the Golden River, etc. 54. Bryant's Thanatopsis, etc.
127. Keats's Ode on a Grecian Urn, etc. 55. Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice.
128. Byron's Prisoner of Chillon, etc. 56. Webster's First Bunker Hill Oration. 129. Plato's Judgment of Socrates. 57. Dickens's Christmas Carol.
130. Emerson's The Superlative, etc. 58. Dickens's Cricket on the Hearth.
131. Emerson's Nature, etc. 59. Verse and Prose for Beginners in Reading. 132. Arnold's Sohrab and Rustum, etc. 60, 61. The Sir Roger de Coverley Papers. 133. Schurz's Abraham Lincoln. 62. Fiske's War of Independence.
134. Scott's Lay of the Last Minstrel. 63. Longfellow's Paul Revere's Ride, etc. 135. Chaucer's Prologue. 64-66. Lambs' Tales from Shakespeare. 136. Chaucer's The Knight's Tale, etc. 67. Shakespeare's Julius Cæsar.
137. Bryant's Iliad. Bks. I, VI, XXII, XXIV. 68. Goldsmith's Deserted Village, etc.
138. Hawthorne's The Custom House, etc. 69. Hawthorne's The Old Manse, etc.
139. Howells's Doorstep Acquaintance, etc. 70, 71. Selection from Whittier's Child Life. 140. Thackeray's Henry Esmond. 72. Milton's Minor Poems.
141. Higginson's Three Outdoor Papers. 73. Tennyson's Enoch Arden, etc.
142. Ruskin's Sesame and Lilies. 74. Gray's Elegy ; Cowper's John Gilpin. 143. Plutarch's Alexander the Great. 75. Sendder's George Washington.
144. Scudder's The Book of Legends. 76. Wordsworth's Intimations of Immortality. 145. Hawthorne's The Gentle etc. 77. Burns's Cotter's Saturday Night, etc. 146. Longfellow's Giles Corey.
(See also back covers.)