« VorigeDoorgaan »
PUBLISHED BY JONES AND CO.
TEMPLE OF THE MUSES (Late Lackington's), FINSBURY SQUARE;
AND MAY BE HAD OF ALL BOOKSELLERS.
MARY E. HAVEN
CORRECTLY AND BEAUTIFULLY PRINTED
At the University Press,
And Embellished with elegant Engravings on Steel,
Comprising in only 5 Octavo Vols., the whole 45 Vols. of other Editions, and at prices calculated to induce all classes to become purchasers,
THE BRITISH ESSAYISTS,
Comprising in 5 Vols. 8vo., the 45 Vols. of other Editions, and presenting vast saving of expense, both in the works and binding.
19 Adventures of the Tatler's Guardian Angel,
Character of the Author's three Nephews-
Family of X's: (probably)
44. Esculapius in Love with Hebe-Sale of the
Play-house Articles-Humourous Com-
45. Story of Teraminta-Puppet-shows-Scene
Addison and Steele.
195. Characters of a Prude and Coquette-Story
. Provision for Pastorals-Public Impostors
46. Various Cases of Complainers-Dream of Ju-
Pliny to his Wife-Passage from Milton.. Steele.
134. Virgil's Allegory and Ideas of a future State-
8. Pedantry of Tom Folio, the Book-broker...
169. Duty of a Censor-How performed by the
5. On the Impertinence of Criticism-Cha-
Steele. 209. Scene between Alexander the Great and his