« VorigeDoorgaan »
17. Yet, notwithstanding all this, their hearts became hard as adamant, their eyes became blinded with thick scales, and their ears became deaf with their own clamors against the Son of God, against the gospel which he preached, and against all such as hearkened to him.
18. Therefore did I reject them, as a people, [who were] cursed in my sight, and from their own mouths did I judge them; whose lips were filled with blasphemy, and iniquity daily dwelling between their teeth, and practiced with their hands.
19. And by their fate, saith the Lord, do I warn all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, of the present day.
20. For I had chosen this people, and had led them for some thousands of years, that through them, I might prefigure my work with the children of men, in all after ages; and had they been obedient, no power, or people, should have ever overcome them.
21. But the heavy and desolating judgments, which I caused to fall upon them, to consume and scatter them among every nation upon the face of the whole earth, remain as a standing monument of solemn warning, to the nations of the earth at this day.
22. For in like manner as I have done unto them, saith the God of Heaven, so will I do, and moreover, also to that nation and people, in this latter day, who shall mock the sacred words of my solemn warnings, and make light of the day of my visitation unto them; or such as shall seek to destroy the work, or the word of my testimony, which I have established on earth, through my Two Anointed Ones.
23. Also give ear, and understand my words, saith He who ruleth on high, and will yet rule in the kingdoms of men upon earth.
24. Let the bloody and merciless reign of antichrist, which for hundreds of years, did bind the consciences, enslave the souls of men, and drench the earth with human blood, be a solemn and awful warning to all the human race. For greater crimes of heavendaring wickedness, according to the age, by man cannot be committed, than was perpetrated by the secular arm, under this long, dark and gloomy reign, in which there was no true Church of Christ upon the earth; and all this, pretendedly, under the banner of Christ.
25. Let all nations and people, remember, saith the Lord, that they who are, in any measure, the followers of the Son of God, can neither have, or take, any part in shedding human blood; neither
can they have, or take, any part in making use of compulsory meas ures, to increase the number that may be said to believe as they do, or belong to what they may term, their own persuasion. No example of this kind, was ever set by your Lord and Savior, either in his first or second appearance, nor ever will be.
26. And by this criterion, may all professed christendom discern, that where Christ their Lord and Savior reigns, there, bloodshed and carnage must cease; there the spirit of retaliation cannot dwell; for the spirit of the Lamb is inoffensive, while that of the ravenous beast, is destructive.
27. Therefore, know ye, all nations and people saith the Lord, that where my kingdom is set up, its subjects rely upon my arm for strength and protection. They trust not in the arm of flesh. And they that put their trust in Me, shall renew their strength; they shall walk and not faint, saith Jehovah. But they that trust in flesh and blood, shall fall by the broken staff on which they lean.
PASSAGES OF SCRIPTURE, ALLUDING TO THE BE NIGHTED REIGN OF ANTICHRIST.
3. Mankind questioned by the Almighty. 18. Transgression of the law of God, the 8. God trifleth not with his creatures. 10. Few learned righteousness, by teach-21.
ings sent of God, &c.
cause of destruction. Mercy never withdrawn from the obe dient soul.
11. Earth a paradise, had man kept his 22. Of those who search the scriptures, to rectitude.
find a cloak for evil.
15. No previous laws of God to man, dis- 23. The sincere and obedient blessed,
Sec. 1. Again I do require, saith the Holy Angel, a few of the most plain and evident allusions, mentioned in Holy Writ, which refer to the benighted reign of antichrist, to be here inserted, just as they were then spoken by the spirit of prophecy.
Daniel, vii. 8. I considered the horns, and behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9. I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him; thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
21. I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22. Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the Most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
25. And he shall speak great words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26. But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
Chap. viii. 13. Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
Chap. xii. 7. And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and
his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and a half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8. And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9. And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
11. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
Revelations, xiii. 7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Micah, iv. 11. Now also many nations are gathered against thee, that say, Let her be defiled, and let our eye look upon Zion.
12. But they know not the thoughts of the LORD, neither understand they his counsel: for he shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor.
Matthew, xxiv. 4. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
15. When ye, therefore, shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand,)
23. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24. For there shall arise false christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they should deceive the very elect.
25. Behold, I have told you before.
26. Wherefore, if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mark, xiii. 6. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ and shall deceive many.
14. But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains:
Sec. 2. Consider, O ye people, what plainer declaration of the spirit, could be given, than the foregoing, to inform the people that the time was then near, that the true Church should be made desolate of Christ, by the abominations practiced by those who professed to be of the same.
Mark, xiii. 21. And then, if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or lo, he is there; believe him not.
22. For false Christs, and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
Luke, xxi. 8. And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
I. John, ii. 18. Little children, it is the last time and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
Chap. iv. 3. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, [or, manifested through a mortal body,] is not of God. And this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
II. Thess. ii. 3. Let no man deceive you by any means; for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he, as God, sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
7. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan, with all power, and signs, and lying wonders,
10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them