« VorigeDoorgaan »
IN TEN VOLUMES.
I. NARRATIVE OF SURPRISING CONVERSIONS.
PUBLISHED BY S. CONVERSE.
CONTENTS OF VOLUME IV.
1. NARRATIVE OF SURPRISING CONVERSIONS.
II. THOUGHTS ON THE REVIVAL OF RELIGION, IN
NEW-ENGLAND, IN 1740.
PART I. The Work a glorious Work of God.
Sect. 1. We should judge of it by its effects .
2. We should judge by scripture
3. We should not judge of ihe whole by a part
5. Nature of the work in a particular instance
PART II. Obligations to promote it.
SECT. I. Indifference dangerous
2. The probability that the latter-day glory will begin in America
8. The danger of slighting the work".
4. Obligations of rulers and others to promote the work
PART III. Offence laken beyond just cause.
PART IV. Things to be avoided.
3. Ignorance of inward experiences
4. Of censuring professing Christians
5. Errors relative to lay-exhorting
SECT. 1. We should remove stumbling-blocks
2. What should be done to advance it
PART II. Reasons for the negative of the questim
2. Profession of religion .
3. Profession should be of real piety
4. Reason requires a hearty profession
5. Christ requires it.
6. Primitive admissions
7. The Epistles prove it
8. Members united by brotherly love
9. Qualifications for the Lord's Supper