« VorigeDoorgaan »
clusive of the towns of Marietta and Zanesville, to the Tuscarawas River, thence up said river, exclusive of the town of Massillon, to the line of the Erie Conference.
17. The WESTERN VIRGINIA CONFERENCE shall be bounded as follows:-Beginning at the south-west corner of the Pennsylvania line, thence along said line to the north-east corner of Ohio County, Virginia, so as to include Wheeling Creek mission and Triadelphia circuits; thence the most direct way to Short Creek, so as to include the Short Creek and Liberty circuit, thence down said creek to the Ohio River, thence down said river to the mouth of Big Sandy River, thence up said river, so as to include the Charleston district; on the south and east it shall be bounded by the Baltimore Conference to the Pennsylvania State line, thence westward by said line to the place of beginning.
18. The Ohio CONFERENCE shall commence at the south-east corner of the North Ohio Conference, and thence south, following the course of the Muskingum River to its junction with the Ohio River, including the city of Zanesville, and the town of Marietta, thence down the Ohio River to the mouth of Ohio Brush Creek, thence north to the south-east corner of Fayette County, leaving Sinking Spring circuit and Bethesda and Rapid Forge societies in Highland County, west of this line, and Washington circuit east, except Fairfield, which shall be left west of said line, thence north-west to
the western boundary of said county of Fayette, thence in a due-north direction to the southern boundary of the North Ohio Conference, leaving Vienna circuit west of said line, thence east with the southern line of the North Ohio Conference to the place of beginning
19. The CINCINNATI CONFERENCE shall commence at the mouth of Ohio Brush Creek, and shall be bounded on the south by the Ohio River, and on the west by the Indiana State line, to the southern bounds of the North Ohio Conference, at the south-west corner of Dark County, thence eastwardly along
said line, so as to exclude the Sydney and Delaware districts of the North Ohio Conference, to the boundary of the Ohio Conference at its junction with the southern line of the North Ohio Conference, thence in a south-eastwardly direction with said western line of the Ohio Conference to the place of beginning
20. The KENTUCKY CONFERENCE shall include the State of Kentucky, excepting so much of said State as is included in the Western Virginia Conference.
21. The North Ohio CONFERENCE shall embrace all that part of the State of Ohio not included in the Ohio, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Erie Conferences.
22. The MICHIGAN CONFERENCE shall include the State of Michigan.
23. The INDIANA CONFERENCE shall be bounded as follows, viz. :-Beginning at the mouth of Silver Creek, on the Ohio River,
thence with said creek to the Jeffersonville Railroad, thence by said railroad to Rockford, thence by the East Fork of White River to Columbus, thence by the Madison and Indianapolis railroad to Franklin, thence by the Plank Road to the Bluffs of White River, thence north by said river to the southern line of the Donation of Indianapolis, thence east by said line to Meridianstreet, thence north by said street to its intersection with Market-street, thence west by Market-street to the Donation line, then south by said Donation line to the National Road, thence by the National Road west to the intersection of the Greencastle State road, one-and-a-half miles west of Stilesville, thence with said State Road to the town plat of Greencastle, thence due south to Seminary-street, thence by said street to College-street, including the second charge in Greencastle, together with lot No. 153, thence due south to the southern border of the college grounds, upon a line equally dividing the college campus and building; thence due west to the Walnut Fork of Eel River, thence down said river to its intersection with the National Road, thence with said road to the western line of the State, including all the towns on the National Road west of Indianapolis in Indiana Conference, except the city of Terre Haute; thence by the State line to the mouth of the Wabash River, thence by the State line to the mouth of Sil Creek, the place of beginning
24. The NORTH-WESTERN INDIANA CONFERENCE shall embrace all of NorthWestern Indiana, bounded north by the State and Lake of Michigan, east by the Michigan Road, and St. Joseph River, south by Indiana Conference, and west by the State of Illinois; also the city of Terre Haute, with so much of the city of Indianapolis within the Donation as lies north of Market-street, and west of Meridian-street, with all the towns on the Michigan Road except Logansport.
25. The North INDIANA CONFERENCE shall include all of North-Eastern Indiana, bounded north by Michigan, east by Ohio, south by the National Road, and west by the Michigan Road as far north as South Bend, thence down St. Joseph River to the Michigan State Line; also the town of Logansport, all the towns on the National Road east of Indianapolis, and so much of the city of Indianapolis within the Donation as lies north of Market-street, and east of Meridian-street.
26. The South-EASTERN INDIANA CONFERENCE shall include all of SouthEastern Indiana, bounded north by the National Road, east by Ohio, south by the Ohio River, and west by the Indiana Conference; so much of the city of Indianapolis within the Donation, as lies south of Market-street and east of Meridian-street, and all the towns and societies on the line between Indiana and South-Eastern Indiana Conferences.
27. The Rock RIVER CONFERENCE shall include all of the State of Illinois lying north of the line of the Illinois Conference, not included in the Wisconsin Conference.
28. The WISCONSIN CONFERENCE shall include the territory embraced in the State of Wisconsin, with the addition of so much of Council Hill and Monroe circuits as lies within the State of Illinois, and all the territory of Minnesota.
29. The IowA CONFERENCE shall include the State of Iowa, and the territory of Nebraska ; except so much as is occupied by the Indian Mission, now in connexion with the Missouri Conference.
30. The ILLINOIS CONFERENCE shall include that part of Illinois not included in South Illinois Conference, south of the following line, namely: Beginning at Warsaw on the Mississippi River, thence to Vermont, thence to the mouth of Spoon River, thence to the Indiana State line, embracing Warsaw, Vermont, Havana circuit, Bloomington station, and Danville circuit.
31. The SOUTHERN ILLINOIS CONFERENCE shall include all the State of Illinois lying south of the following line—beginning on the Mississippi River at Gilead, in Calhoun County, thence east to the north-west corner of Jersey County, thence with the Northern line of said county, thence with the Macoussin Creek east of Carlinville, thence east to Hillsboro, in Montgomery County, to leave Hillsboro, Carrolton, Greenville, Carlinville, and Hillsboro circuits