« VorigeDoorgaan »
4. NEW-ENGLAND CONFERENCE shall include all the State of Massachusetts lying east of the Green Mountains, not embraced in the New-Hampshire and Providence Conferences.
5. The MAINE CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of Maine lying west of the Kennebeck River, from the mouth to the Great Bend below Skowhegan, and of a line running from thence north to the State line, (including Skowhegan and Augusta stations in Maine Conference,) and that part of New-Hampshire lying east of the White Hills, and north of the waters of the Ossipee Lake.
6. The EAST MAINE CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of Maine not included in the Maine Conference.
7. The NEW-HAMPSHIRE CONFERENCE shall include all the State of New-Hampshire not embraced in the Maine Conference, and that part of the State of Massachusetts north-east of the Merrimack River.
8. The VERMONT CONFERENCE shall include the State of Vermont, except that part lying west of the top of the Green Mountains, embraced in the Troy Confer
9. The TROY CONFERENCE shall include the Troy, Albany, (embracing Richmondville station,) Saratoga, Poultney, Burlington, Plattsburg, and St. Albans Districts.
10. The BLACK RIVER CONFERENCE shall include, together with Rose Circuit, that part of the State of New-York west of
the Troy Conference, not embraced in the East Genesee Conference, as far south as the Erie Canal, and all the societies on the immediate banks of said canal, except Utica, Canistota, Montezuma, and Port Byron.
11. The ONEIDA CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of New-York south of the Black River Conference, and east of Cayuga Lake, and north of a line running east from Newfield to Ithaca. From thence, following the Catskill turnpike to Greene, and from thence following the same line of road through Masonville to the New-York Conference, including all the charges through which said line passes. From thence on the west line of the Troy Conference to the Erie Canal, including Fort Plain.
12. The WYOMING CONFERENCE shall include that part of the State of New-York not included in the Oneida, East Genesee, and New-York Conferences, and the Susquehanna and Wyoming Districts in the State of Pennsylvania, including Stoddartsville circuit.
13. The EAST GENESEE CONFERENCE shall contain all that part of the State of New-York, west of Black River, Oneida, and Wyoming Conferences, and east of the Genesee River, excepting Lima station, including the city of Rochester, together with so much of the State of Pennsylvania as is included in the Elmira and Corning Dis
14. The GENESEE CONFERENCE shall
include all that part of the State of NewYork, including Lima station, west of the East Genesee Conference, except so much as is included in the Erie Annual Conference, and also Smithport, Cudersport, and Bradford circuits, in Pennsylvania.
15. The ERIE CONFERENCE shall be bounded on the north by Lake Erie, on the east by a line commencing at the mouth of Cattaraugus Creek, thence up said creek to the village of Lodi, leaving said village in the Genesee Conference, thence to the Alleghany River, at the mouth of Tunanquant Creek, thence up said creek eastward to the ridge dividing between the waters of Clarion and Sinnamahoning Creeks, thence south to the head of Mahoning Creek, thence down said creek, exclusive of the Milton society, to the Alleghany River, thence across said river in a north-westerly direction to the Western Reserve line, including the north part of Butler and_New-Castle circuits, and also including Petersburgh, thence west to the Ohio Canal, thence along said canal to Lake Erie, including Akron and Cleveland city.
16. The PITTSBURGH CONFERENCE shall be bounded on the north by the Erie Conference, on the east by a line running along the tops of the Alleghany Mountains to the southern line of the State of Pennsylvania, thence west along the line of the Western Virginia Conference to the Ohio River, thence down said river to the mouth of the Muskingum River, thence up said river, ex
clusive of the towns of Marietta and Zanesville, to the Tuscarawas River, thence up said river, exclusive of the town of Massillon, to the line of the Erie Conference.
17. The WESTERN VIRGINIA CONFERENCE shall be bounded as follows:-Beginning at the south-west corner of the Pennsylvania line, thence along said line to the north-east corner of Ohio County, Virginia, so as to include Wheeling Creek mission and Triadelphia circuits; thence the most direct way to Short Creek, so as to include the Short Creek and Liberty circuit, thence down said creek to the Ohio River, thence down said river to the mouth of Big Sandy River, thence up said river, so as to include the Charleston district; on the south and east it shall be bounded by the Baltimore Conference to the Pennsylvania State line, thence westward by said line to the place of beginning.
18. The OHIO CONFERENCE shall commence at the south-east corner of the North Ohio Conference, and thence south, following the course of the Muskingum River to its junction with the Ohio River, including the city of Zanesville, and the town of Marietta, thence down the Ohio River to the mouth of Ohio Brush Creek, thence north to the south-east corner of Fayette County, leaving Sinking Spring circuit and Bethesda and Rapid Forge societies in Highland County, west of this line, and Washington circuit east, except Fairfield, which shall be left west of said line, thence north-west to
the western boundary of said county of Fayette, thence in a due-north direction to the southern boundary of the North Ohio Conference, leaving Vienna circuit west of said line, thence east with the southern line of the North Ohio Conference to the place of beginning.
19. The CINCINNATI CONFERENCE shall commence at the mouth of Ohio Brush Creek, and shall be bounded on the south by the Ohio River, and on the west by the Indiana State line, to the southern bounds of the North Ohio Conference, at the south-west corner of Dark County, thence eastwardly along said line, so as to exclude the Sydney and Delaware districts of the North Ohio Conference, to the boundary of the Ohio Conference at its junction with the southern line of the North Ohio Conference, thence in a south-eastwardly direction with said western line of the Ohio Conference to the place of beginning.
20. The KENTUCKY CONFERENCE shall include the State of Kentucky, excepting so much of said State as is included in the Western Virginia Conference.
21. The NORTH OHIO CONFERENCE shall embrace all that part of the State of Ohio not included in the Ohio, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Erie Conferences.
22. The MICHIGAN CONFERENCE shall include the State of Michigan.
23. The INDIANA CONFERENCE shall be bounded as follows, viz. :-Beginning at the mouth of Silver Creek, on the Ohio River,